The IdeaList pages
IdeaLists and more ...
of IdeaList v3.961 (390 kBytes) English version!
Many thanks to Peter A. West for his translation hints!
IdeaList prints text files.
IdeaList saves a lot of paper!
IdeaList works with ASCII files, WordPlus files and RTF; and it knows
email text attributes.
IdeaList uses printer internal fonts, download fonts or GDOS
IdeaList prints multi-columned, creates headers and footers, water-
marks, posters etc.
IdeaList has a modern and comfortable user interface.
One of the operation systems as follows: TOS, Magic, MagicMac, MagicPC or a
TOS emulation under Macintosh, Unix, PC, etc.
IdeaList does not run under DOS, Windows, OS/2, Mac OS, Linux,
Amiga OS, BeOS, whateveryouknowOS, ...
Some RAM; 500 kBytes are enough.
hard disk (not essential, but rather boring without it)
A printer (presumed you do not "print" in files only ...)
A GDOS installation; for best results NVDI 3.0 or better; if you do not rest
content with just printer-internal fonts or download fonts.
ST-Guide and/or BubbleGEM; if you need an online help.
A couple of time and some sheets of paper for your experience.
Your willingness to support the freeware idea! For many years IdeaList was classical shareware.
Since v3.96 IdeaList is freeware. There are no crippled versions, no register
keys, no boring alerts, no limitations of time.
- A graphic can be used for water-mark
- Water-mark only on the 1st page (optional)
- Full intensity of the water-mark (optional)
- New GEMScript command: SetWaterImg(file)
- Automatic optimization of
(a) and b) only with GDOS vector fonts, c) only with GDOS fonts)
- font size
- font width
- line distance
- The Preview keeps the page shown - even after changing the size of the
window or an OLGA update.
- Even using proportional system fonts (Magic 6) the shortcut underlines
- At the dialog "Header" the button "Like footer" switches the parameters
of the footer. Also at the dialog "Footer".
- At the dialog "Water-mark" there is a Button "Show".
- If the Header or the footer is too long to be shown, printing can be
- Workaround for the Shutdown of MagiCMac
- Added a plugin for Jinnee's context menu. (Only in German version)
- New GEMScript commands: GetLines, GetMargin, Setmargin, GetSlotData,
SetSlotData, OptiLineDist, OptiFontSize, OptiFontWidth
- Some bugfixes and improvement
This software is supported by IdeaList:
Blinex: an ASCII utility for removing surplus blank
lines, converting character tables, etc.
BubbleGEM: adds a
quick online help (Thomas Much)
CAT: MausTausch frontend with printing interface especially for IdeaList (Dirk Steins, Thorsten Otto a. o.)
GEMJing: plays samples (Götz Hoffart) (not for IdeaList, but quite useful)
IdeaBook: formats Texte for IdeaList in book
IdeaForm: formats source code files for
Magic: the alternative TOS
compatible operation system, that runs on Atari hardware as good as on
Macintoshs or PCs. (ASH)
NVDI: a fast GDOS supporting vektor fonts
and much more (2B GbR)
OLGA: adds "object
linking" to the system (Thomas Much)
qed: an universal OLGA-using editor (Christian Felsch)
Scripter: Remote control and new functions via GEMScript - Scripter does it! (Application Systems Heidelberg)
Start Me Up: a start
button, which shows a "Document History" and much more (Thomas Much)
ST-Guide: the hypertext system for a comfortable online help